HI!
Over our last weekend of Summer we went to our ward's camp at Lyman Lake. I kept changing my mind back and forth about going. After temperatures in the 100's all summer, that weekend it was supposed to be about 60, down here! I knew it would be freezing up in the mountains. We also had to miss some back to school nights if we decided to go, and Saturday morning bright and early Lulu and Hammer had a stake youth activity. Dad was driving up with Hammer whether I went our not, since it was the deacon's campout too and Dad helps the deacons. In the end my FOMO one, as I don't remember going up in the Uintas before. I knew since we were staying in cabins that we wouldn't completely freeze at night.
We got up there Friday, not too long after lunch. It was cold but we were able to do some archery. Also, there were chipmunks everywhere up there!:
Dad shot an arrow right through the neck of Washington after the other leader pinned this on the target:
It was fun to try, although I thought these bows weren't the easiest to use:
After that we walked down to the lake, but it started to hail, fast and furious:We spent pretty much the rest of the day and evening in the lodge, where it was just as cold as outside but we were dry:4 square:
Games:
It was too cold to use the paddle boards or to swim in the lake. TJ and I walked around part of it looking for a good fishing spot:
Later in the day we came back with Dad and you did a little fishing at this spot:Unfortunately you didn't catch anything, but right after this we had dinner and the wind died down making the lake clear and reflective and so beautiful:
Here's Hammer after we cleaned out our cabin, showing what the cabins looked like:
We drove home in the dark after dinner and all slept like rocks that night. In the end, I'm glad that we went! There was a lot to do up there! It was a beautiful peaceful spot. A sure loved being out on the boats. Hammer loved the bikes. TJ loved fishing. Lulu wished she had friends there but liked learning to play pickle ball!




















No comments:
Post a Comment