We Are a Happy Family

CHER...being a mommy. reading. blogging. chocolate milk. photography. languages. pizza. enya. milk shakes. traveling. friends. crafts. cooking. summer thunder storms. ollie

OLLIE...being a daddy. hunting. reading. smoking bbq. history. dinosaurs. traveling. guns. gardening. classic rock. camping. beef jerky. cooking. gummy bears. cher

LULU...18/ crab. flute. books. candy. astronomy. friends. lemonade. tomatoes. spicy cheetos. piano. school. art. marching band. memes and reels.

HAMMER...16/ chalk roads. tennis. potato bugs. coding. pickles. friends. sandwiches. storm drains. choir. frozen burritos. minecraft. mustard. candy.

TJ...14/ lemurs. coati. tennis. strawberries. sour candy. alligators. kindle. fish. backpacking. gorillas. games. puzzles. fried eggs. minecraft. swimming.

A...11/ apple sauce. roblox. titanic. candy. friends. burgers. cheese. shopping. swimming. minecraft. strawberries. making youtube vids. kindle.

PLUTO PLEIADES...Pointer 13/ people. his bed. peanut butter.

Wednesday, December 19

Tiny Dancer (with videos!)

Dear Lulu,

You had your Christmas Dance recital last weekend.
Here you are at home in your outfit:
This face you made is cracking me up:
And here you are with your class at your teachers house:

We had to be at the community center where your recital was held 30 minutes early.  The boys had to run around a little so they'd actually sit for the real deal.  They enjoyed themselves:

And here you are, sitting by your friends from your class, waiting to go back stage:
You were really excited that Grammie came down to watch you perform.
You danced two numbers, one was ballet and one was tap.
Lulu, you did so good!  You followed your teacher and were mostly on time with the steps.  Some of the steps were hard for you, but you did your best and I really could tell that you have improved since the first few times you practiced the dances for me.
So here are the videos of your performance! Sorry we don't have a great video camera and I had to hold it up high above my head so it made the screen dark and hard to make sure you were centered. And it was hard to keep steady! But you are adorable, huh?:




I liked watching you chew your tongue as you concentrated.
I also liked how you weren't scared to perform.  You marched right out there and did your thing. When I was your age I had my first dance recital. I cried on the side of the stage and wouldn't even go out until song was almost over. I found my courage somehow and came out clapping my hands while I danced across the whole stage and everyone cheered for me.  I'm glad you didn't get all my shyness, although some of it does sometimes pop up unexpectedly in you.  Like when we saw Santa yesterday, but that's a story for another day.
A few days after the recital, you put on your old dance outfit and requested I come down to the playroom for another mini recital.  You have a favorite song on one of our toys, and you choreographed this dance to that song:

You have some really sweet moves, ones you obviously didn't learn in dance class. When you're a little bit older you probably won't be happy with me that I posted that video on here.  But you know what, it's too cute and funny not to share.
You love dancing, and I love watching you do something that you love.

Love you my Tiny Dancer,
Mom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was the star of the show!

Anonymous said...

Cher, that face Lulu is making is soooo you!!! She is just like her mommy :) Court