We Are a Happy Family

CHER...being a mommy. reading. blogging. chocolate milk. photography. languages. pizza. enya. milk shakes. traveling. friends. crafts. cooking. summer thunder storms. ollie

OLLIE...being a daddy. hunting. reading. smoking bbq. history. dinosaurs. traveling. guns. gardening. classic rock. camping. beef jerky. cooking. gummy bears. cher

LULU...18/ crab. flute. books. candy. astronomy. friends. lemonade. tomatoes. spicy cheetos. piano. school. art. marching band. memes and reels.

HAMMER...16/ chalk roads. tennis. potato bugs. coding. pickles. friends. sandwiches. storm drains. choir. frozen burritos. minecraft. mustard. candy.

TJ...14/ lemurs. coati. tennis. strawberries. sour candy. alligators. kindle. fish. backpacking. gorillas. games. puzzles. fried eggs. minecraft. swimming.

A...11/ apple sauce. roblox. titanic. candy. friends. burgers. cheese. shopping. swimming. minecraft. strawberries. making youtube vids. kindle.

PLUTO PLEIADES...Pointer 13/ people. his bed. peanut butter.

Friday, December 30

Wrong and Right

Do you want the good news or the bad news first?
Ok, the bad news it is.  We didn't have a perfect Christmas (but when is it ever perfect, really?)

What went wrong:
- We were very sick with bad colds, which was no fun. The baby and I were the worst on Christmas Eve and Christmas day.  Baby still looked adorable even when he was sick:
- Baby cried the entire 45 minutes back home from Grammie's on Christmas night.  The crying made it so that Lulu couldn't hear her movie the entire time, which in turn made her cry.  All that crying made Hammer cry too.  It was not fun, especially since I had a horrible headache. 
- Hammer doesn't like his gift from Santa, which was blocks.  I mean, he doesn't hate it, but he doesn't want to really play with it either.
- No snow

What went right:
- We didn't have to drive in the snow (I know, picky picky)
- Perfect Santa visit (see previous Santa post)
- The kids were so excited to open their new pj's on Christmas Eve and they looked so cute
- Lulu loves her Santa gift
- Fun times on Christmas with Ollie's family:
The kids LOVED it when Uncle John pulled them around on a table cloth. Highlight of the party for them:
Playing games.  Look how awesome it is to win a round: 
- Yummy food
Ham on Christmas at Granmmie's, and Turkey for Christmas Eve dinner:
- We got spoiled, yet again
 - 1 hour of church on Christmas morning was really nice.  It was perfect to have a break from all the rush and presents and focus on Jesus.  I wish we could do that every year. I even enjoyed getting the kids dressed up all nice in their new outfits. They looked so cute.  Would you believe that I didn't get any pictures of the 3 of them in their new outfits though?  I had to be at the church at 8:30 to practice with the choir and everyone else joined me there a little before 9.  Baby was still in bed when I left.  But here are these two cuties checking out their stockings, all dressed in their Sunday best:
- I played my choir accompaniments as well as I could, which is saying a lot because they were hard!
- Lulu is getting really excited about Santa.  She got up from bed on Christmas Eve because we had forgotten to leave carrots for the reindeer. Then she got up a second time and was trying to think of something important to say.  It was obvious she was having a hard time getting to sleep because she was so excited, and that's the first time that's happened.
That was my favorite part: Watching the magic of Christmas through my kids' eyes.  I remember when I was a teenager every year on Christmas night I would say to my mom "It just doesn't feel like Christmas." It just doesn't feel the same as when you are little, you know? But watching Lulu the past two years has made Christmas seem like Christmas again!  I did not anticipate that so it has been wonderful.  I love making traditions and memories and magic for them.  It's awesome!

So, I would after seeing the two previous lists, a lot more things when right than went wrong.  That means we had another successful Christmas!  It's my favorite time of the year.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I'm glad you could see the positives, even though things weren't perfect. Christmas is definitely better when you have little kids to experience it with! Hope you're all feeling better now.