I've started exercising again, after more than a year off! I run on the treadmill Tuesday, Thursday, Saturdays. And Monday, Wednesday and Friday I do yoga/pilates. It's hard to get started again. I started out slow again, with only like 15 minute on the treadmill. But I did it! I don't know if anyone else is in that same boat, but if so then I thought I'd share my 3 tips for what helps me keep going.
1. Have a good reason to motivate you to start. If you are doing it to lose weight, I think it's easy to get discouraged because the pounds come off oh so slowly. Everyone needs to exercise, even if they don't need to lose weight. It is an instant mood lifter! I exercise because it gives me energy, it helps my mood, and it shows that I'm thankful for this amazing body that God has given me. I want to take care of it. (see Thanksgiving post). What a better way to show your thanks. Seriously.
2. Have a reward system. Not food related. I reward myself with one itunes song (fun, lasting, cheap) if I don't miss one day in the 2 whole weeks. It works!
3. Be entertained while you are exercising. Either with music, or movies, or by following a fun instructor.
Also, I really enjoyed this article about how Exercise will make you happy. It motivated me to start again! She says just put your cute workout clothes on. If you're prepared you'll be so much more likely to actually follow through. And do something every day, so you don't have to say "Is today my exercise day or not?"
Happy Exercising everyone!
We Are a Happy Family
CHER...being a mommy. reading. blogging. chocolate milk. photography. languages. pizza. enya. milk shakes. traveling. friends. crafts. cooking. summer thunder storms. ollie
OLLIE...being a daddy. hunting. reading. smoking bbq. history. dinosaurs. traveling. guns. gardening. classic rock. camping. beef jerky. cooking. gummy bears. cher
LULU...18/ crab. flute. books. candy. astronomy. friends. lemonade. tomatoes. spicy cheetos. piano. school. art. marching band. memes and reels.
HAMMER...16/ chalk roads. tennis. potato bugs. coding. pickles. friends. sandwiches. storm drains. choir. frozen burritos. minecraft. mustard. candy.
TJ...14/ lemurs. coati. tennis. strawberries. sour candy. alligators. kindle. fish. backpacking. gorillas. games. puzzles. fried eggs. minecraft. swimming.
A...11/ apple sauce. roblox. titanic. candy. friends. burgers. cheese. shopping. swimming. minecraft. strawberries. making youtube vids. kindle.
PLUTO PLEIADES...Pointer 13/ people. his bed. peanut butter.
OLLIE...being a daddy. hunting. reading. smoking bbq. history. dinosaurs. traveling. guns. gardening. classic rock. camping. beef jerky. cooking. gummy bears. cher
LULU...18/ crab. flute. books. candy. astronomy. friends. lemonade. tomatoes. spicy cheetos. piano. school. art. marching band. memes and reels.
HAMMER...16/ chalk roads. tennis. potato bugs. coding. pickles. friends. sandwiches. storm drains. choir. frozen burritos. minecraft. mustard. candy.
TJ...14/ lemurs. coati. tennis. strawberries. sour candy. alligators. kindle. fish. backpacking. gorillas. games. puzzles. fried eggs. minecraft. swimming.
A...11/ apple sauce. roblox. titanic. candy. friends. burgers. cheese. shopping. swimming. minecraft. strawberries. making youtube vids. kindle.
PLUTO PLEIADES...Pointer 13/ people. his bed. peanut butter.
2 comments:
Good job! I got out of the habit. I need to get back into it. I like mornings and I'm never home in the morning anymore. Boo.
Kudos on getting into the exercise habit! It's interesting how before I had #4, exercise was my outlet, and now it's become my nemesis. I need to learn to love exercising again. I'm trying but I find myself with so much less energy! I signed up for a triathlon in hopes that that will get my behind motivated again. Good job!!!
Post a Comment